My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cooltravelguide.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel with us on Twitter

I might not get much time to blog over the next six weeks as we have a tight travel schedule, bouncing around the Middle East researching stories and doing hotel and restaurant reviews. So why not come and follow me on Twitter @laradunston?

One of the stories I've been commissioned to write is about how Twitter has been embraced in the MidEast and how it's being used. Twitter users are meeting socially at tweet-ups across the region, getting involved in charity work through Twestivals, and using Twitter for social change. If you're a Twitter user based in the UAE, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait or Qatar, or anywhere else around the Middle East, please email me or leave a comment here - I'd love to get in touch with you.

The photo pictured is the workspace of British writer-poet Robert Graves in his former home, now a museum, at Deia on Mallorca. It's the kind of space I'd love to write at. If I didn't live out of my suitcase, that is, and actually had a home in which to write... But who's going to feel sorry for a travel writer, right?

5 comments:

marina villatoro said...

Hey!

great to see all your updates, you guys are definitely busy and hustling.

I'm actually bookmarking this post! Very interested to hear more about all the crazy twitter ways of life, since I'm barely looking at my account even once a day:)

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I'm there with you guys! Happy travels!

Erica said...

Happy travels from me too!

Will we be able to see your story on twitter online eventually? Or does it come out in print only?

And, you're right. I don't think anyone would feel sorry for a travel writer. A lot of people view the travel writer life as being very glamourous, which is obviously not the truth for all travel writers.

Lara Dunston said...

Hi Marina

Thanks! We don't always have access to the internet when we travel of course, but when we do have net access sometimes I find it far easier and faster to post some tweets than post a blog. And I love reading the tweets of other travelers with whom I share common interests.


Hi Jen

Glad you're with us! :)


Hello Erica

The magazine I'm doing the story for also has a website so it could end up there. I'll keep you posted!


Thanks for dropping by!

Karachi Hotel said...

Really nice blog and the information about traveling.