My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cooltravelguide.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The price of luxury?

It's often said that if you have to ask how much you can't afford it. I don't agree. Luxury travel shouldn't only be for the rich. Everyone deserves to be spoilt and pampered. Especially if it's a special holiday, a honeymoon, anniversary, or birthday for instance. Or simply because you've been working really hard and deserve a decent break. One of the reasons Dubai has become such a hot destination is because it has taken its tradition of Arab hospitality to the extreme. The city treats its visitors like Sheikhs and they respond by behaving like them (as my co-writer Terry often says). If you have to save for that hard-earned holiday and are planning a trip where you intend on spending money like it's going out of style, then you want to know it's going to be worth it, that you're going to be guaranteed a great time, and that it's going to be memorable. Which is a very good reason for travel writers to do thorough first-hand research (as I am here, testing out Al Maha's Bedouin Suite infinity pool for you) and to be more responsible when it comes to giving advice. I simply wouldn't send you to some of the properties 'reviewed' in the various glamping stories I cited in previous posts. So where would I send you?

1 comment:

VashonAmy said...

I like the slogan "Live Small - Travel Big" as I find that it's not too hard to save up on a lower middle class salary in order to take some amazing trips, luxuries included!