My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cooltravelguide.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dubai's Global Reporting Meltdown

Speaking of Dubai, the little city-state has taken quite a beating in the media lately with a number of negative articles about its apparent economic meltdown, written as if the rest of the world weren't in recession. My partner and co-author Terry Carter, who is also a writer and photographer who blogs at Wide angles, wine and wanderlust, has posted about recent coverage in 'Dubai's Global Reporting Meltdown' in which he analyzes the sloppy journalism that at times verges on racism. Take a look and let us know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of years ago when I first started reading travel articles about all the new developments in Dubai, I could never have guessed that this would happen.

Just read Terry's blog post. It was great to see that he could set the facts straight. I'm surprised that even The New York Times got it wrong.

On another note, I like the Linkwithin widget. Looks great!

Lara Dunston said...

Hi Erica - I couldn't have imagined it either... or maybe I could have if I just thought a little bit harder about it...

I started to write a response here to your comment but it has ended up being epic so I've created a post out of it: http://cooltravelguide.blogspot.com/2009/02/once-upon-time-in-dubai-when-fairy-tale.html

Thanks for the inspiration!