My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cooltravelguide.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Alexandria: the people you meet, part 1

It's people that make my travels so memorable. And I don't necessarily mean the people I befriend. Sometimes it's a person I merely see on my travels, an exchange of knowing looks as we walk down the same lane, as we leisurely stroll the same route, as we nudge each other out of the way on a busy shopping street. Sometimes it's a person I meet fleetingly - in a souq, in a restaurant, on the road - someone I may never see again. And yet, that moment - a smile, a stare, a wave, a tear - may leave an everlasting impression. That sounds corny I know. But it's true. I'll never forget the slight smile and glint in the eye of the woman on the right as we passed each other in the backstreets of Alexandria. Do you have those memories from your travels?

No comments: